Australian Ayrshires currently utilise the Holstein Australia Classification Program.
The Classification Program helps you to breed high production, trouble-free and long-lasting cows. Classification provides an objective and impartial assessment of the conformation of your cows. It compares each animal to the Ayrshire 'True Type' cow, the internationally recognised yardstick of structural correctness.
Holstein Australia has provided professional classification services to the Australian dairy industry for almost 50 years. This service has played a significant role in the improvement of the Australian Ayrshire breed and the development of export markets for Australian genetics.
How classification can help you breed a better business
- Receive a written and verbal assessment of the conformation of your cows
- Review the progress of your breeding program
- Define your breeding objectives
- Make better informed breeding decisions
- Accelerate your genetic improvement program
- Get the most from your investment in genetics
- Improve the value of surplus cows and heifers
- Add significant long-term value to your herd
- Identify genetically superior individuals and families
- Benchmark your animals with herd and breed averages